Office Integration Pack for Visual Studio 2013

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Hey Guys,

Just wondering can i use this pack with VS 2013 preview. if not what are the alternatives?

Thanks
Oct 16, 2013 at 8:15 PM
With some tricks you can run it in VS 2013 http://ge.tt/71iuRQv/v/0 , hope this works for you :)
Oct 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Thanks, I will give it a try and let you know
Jan 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM
What I did was downloaded the source code, imported the solution in VS 2013, tweaked it, compiled it and installed the VSIX. It's working fine for me now.
Jan 29, 2014 at 5:14 AM
Can you share it with us, would love to give it a try!
Mar 11, 2014 at 3:01 PM
seanrobertwright wrote:
What I did was downloaded the source code, imported the solution in VS 2013, tweaked it, compiled it and installed the VSIX. It's working fine for me now.
Hi SeanRobert,

When I open the source code in VS 2013 and rebuild, I initially get 115 errors. Is that what you mean by 'tweaked it' or did I miss a step? Would you just share the resulting VSIX or tweaked source code or elaborate just a bit on the tweaking part? Thanks.
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:24 PM
I cannot get this to install in VS 2013 , and seems like all other Lightswitch extension developers, GridLogic has quit supporting the project, I was able to get the 1.1 to install no problem, but the edit to the manifest to make it work in 2013 does not work. Any other suggestions on getting this to work with VS 2013 ..

would be great ..
thanks.
D
Aug 14, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Edited Aug 18, 2014 at 7:46 PM
It is unfortunate this extension is no longer supported/updated.

To compile this yourself for Visual Studio 2013:

Download and extract source.

Be sure to have the following installed:
-Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 SDK
-LightSwitch Extensibility Toolkit for Visual Studio 2013 (be sure to manually copy Microsoft.LightSwitch.Toolkit.targets file to appropriate MSBuild folder)

Launch VS2013. Be sure all VS updates are applied. Open solution and upgrade project.

Update References for each project (in Properties) to LightSwitch, Silverlight 5 and .NET 4.5 (or whatever your project needs). Build one at a time until no errors appear saving OfficeIntegration.Vsix for the last.
Some references may be unused and can be removed.
Also edit manifest file to include v12. Build solution.

Once compiled, VSIX file will be located: officeintegration-16811\OfficeIntegration\OfficeIntegration\OfficeIntegration.Vsix\bin\Release\OfficeIntegration.vsix

Install the extension (double-click on VSIX file) and test your project. Adjust references in project to match VSIX

Make other changes as needed.

I uploaded the updated source files and compiled VSIX file to source patches, but it is pending approval
http://officeintegration.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/patches

Best of luck