Advanced features for Excel export

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Hi,

we were in a hurry to get some customer reports out and turned to the Office Integration Pack. We experimented and developed a technique for producing more advanced Excel workbooks. In the end it was a compromise and we switched to enhancing the code to add a host of features and make Excel export truly a first class citizen.

We have added support for an Excel export session so that multiple exports to a workbook are possible. Multi-worksheet processing, support string lists/arrays, renaming, save as, convert to PDF, hide, clear, silent mode, optional column headings...

We have some time available to clean up code and are wondering what is the best way forward to release these features. We could package them as a new free extension for Excel export or work with you to integrate back into the codebase. Depends on your plans and time available.

Thanks

Dave

Xpert360 Ltd

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Hi Dave,

It'd be great to integrate your features into the Office Integration Pack! We'd love to have more people involved in moving it forward! I'll send you a message so we can coordinate the initial steps offline.

Thanks,

Steve

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Steve,

I think you crossed wires on the email addresses and sent a message to me you intended to send to Dave.

Regards,

Patrick

Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:02 AM
To: whitfillp@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Advanced features for Excel export [officeintegration:398959]

Hi Dave,

It'd be great to integrate your features into the Office Integration Pack! We'd love to have more people involved in moving it forward! I'll send you a message so we can coordinate the initial steps offline.

Thanks,

Steve